martes, 7 de octubre de 2008

UNIT 1 PRESENT HABITS (AV1)

PRESENT HABITS

1. Put the verb in the correct form.

1. I ____________ (always go) to work by car.
2. You ____________ (always watch) television. You should do something more active.
3. John is never satisfied. He ____________ (always complain).
4. The train is never late. It ____________ (always leave) on time.
5. My parents ____________ (live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else.
6. I used to drink a lot of coffee but these days I ____________ (prefer) tea.
7. Air ____________ (consist) mainly of nitrogen and oxygen.
8. George says he’s 80 but nobody ____________ (believe) him.
9. Who is that man? What ____________ (he want)?
10. ____________ (you see) that man over there?
11. This room ____________ (smell). Let’s open a window.
12. You look serious. What ____________ (you think) about?
13. I ____________ (think) of giving up my job.
14. Ann ____________ (not seem) very happy at the moment.
15. How ____________ (you feel) now?
16. I ____________ (usually go) by train, but this weekend I ____________ (go) by bus. It ____________ (take) longer but it ____________ (cost) less.
17. Mrs Jones: My daughter ____________ (never write) to me so I ____________ (never know) what she ____________ (do). ____________ (Your son write) to you, Mrs Smith?
Mrs Smith: Yes, I ____________ (hear) from him every week. He ____________ (seem) to like writing letters.
18. These apples ____________ (cost) 40p a bag. ____________ (You think) that is expensive? – It ____________ (depend) on the size of the bag.
19. I ____________ (see) my solicitor tomorrow (I’ve arranged it); I ____________ (change) my will. – You ____________ (always change) your will. Why ____________ (you not leave ) it alone?
20. I ____________ (not think) your brother ____________ (enjoy) the party. He ____________ (keep) looking at his watch.

KEYS

1. I always go to work by car.
2. You are always watching television. You should do something more active.
3. John is never satisfied. He is always complaining.
4. The train is never late. It always leaves on time.
5. My parents live in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else.
6. I used to drink a lot of coffee but these days I prefer tea.
7. Air consists mainly of nitrogen and oxygen.
8. George says he’s 80 but nobody believes him.
9. Who is that man? What does he want?
10. Do you see that man over there? / Can you see that man over there?
11. This room smells. Let’s open a window.
12. You look serious. What are you thinking about?
13. I’m thinking of giving up my job.
14. Ann doesn’t seem very happy at the moment.
15. How do you feel / are you feeling now? (With the verbs look and feel you can use the present simple or continuous when you say how somebody looks or feels now.
16. I usually go by train, but this weekend I’m going by bus. It takes longer but it costs less.
17. Mrs Jones: My daughter never writes to me so I never know what she’s doing. Does your son write to you, Mrs Smith?
Mrs Smith: Yes, I hear from him every week. He seems to like writing letters.
18. These apples cost 40p a bag. Do you think that is expensive? – It depends on the size of the bag.
19. I’m seeing my solicitor tomorrow (I’ve arranged it); I’m changing my will. – You are always changing your will. Why don’t you leave it alone?
20. I don’t think your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps on looking at his watch.



No hay comentarios: